Skin resurfacing treatments help to restore a more youthful, beautiful complexion by removing the most damaged outer layers of skin to reveal the healthier-looking skin beneath and encouraging new, healthy skin cell growth.
Over time, our skin’s outer layers start to show wear and tear from aging, injury, and environmental factors in the form or wrinkles, scars, age spots and discoloration. Skin resurfacing treatments help to reverse these signs of aging and stress, helping you look younger, and even healthier, in the process.
Skin Resurfacing Treatments:
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Chemical Peels
- IPL Photorejuvenation
Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatments
Lasers use highly concentrated beams of light energy to improve the skin’s tone, texture and appearance.
How can laser skin resurfacing improve my skin?
- Minimize fine lines or wrinkles
- Treat brown spots, redness or discoloration for more balanced skin tone
- Tighten skin and encourage collagen production
- Remove acne or surgical scars
- Remove unwanted facial or body hair
How can a chemical peel help improve my skin?
- Reduce or remove age spots, blotchiness, or discoloration
- Smooth fine lines & wrinkles on the skin’s surface
- Minimize or remove acne scars or milder scars from injury or surgery
- Tighten & tone the skin and brighten the complexion
- Remove keratoses or precancerous growths.
Microdermabrasion & Dermabrasion
A third class of skin resurfacing treatments are those that involve mechanical exfoliation, where an instrument is used to slough off outer layers of skin to remove visible skin damage and reveal smoother, healthier and younger looking skin. Such treatments include microdermabrasion and dermabrasion. While they have similar sounding names, each of these treatments works quite differently.
What can microdermabrasion do to improve skin?
- Minimize fine lines & wrinkles, such as crow’s feet
- Help skincare products work more effectively
- Brighten skin & improve tone
- Reduce age spots or mild acne scars
Microdermabrasion can be performed in the same sessions as a peel or facial to enhance the results. While immediate improvements are usually noticeable, microdermabrasion treatments are often performed in a series to achieve optimal improvements. It is also essential to protect the treated area from the sun, as skin will be more sensitive to sun damage after microdermabrasion.
What can dermabrasion do to improve skin?
- Minimize vertical lip lines, smile lines, or other facial wrinkles
- Remove acne scars and other blemishes
- Smooth the skin and balance complexion
The purpose of dermabrasion is to remove enough layers of skin to remove the visible concerns and encourage new cell growth. Therefore, the area will be tender and “raw” after treatment. It is essential to keep the area well protected from the sun and follow your Aesthetic instructions for keeping the skin free from infection.
Whatskin concerns can microneedling treat?
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Acne or surgical scars
- Large pore size
- Sun damage, age spots and hyperpigmentation
- Stretch marks
- Rough patches & texture problems
Since microneedling does not remove layers of skin with chemicals or lasers, it is generally safe for all skin types, even darker skin. Additionally, microneedling requires no downtime for most patients, and does not require a post-treatment “peeling” period. However, results may not be as dramatic as what is possible with more aggressive treatments, and multiple microneedling treatments are usually needed to treat specific skin concerns in an area.
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
What skin concerns can IPL treat?
- Sun damage
- Age spots & freckles
- Spider veins
- Redness & rosacea
- Vascular lesions
- Texture problems
- Fine lines
Gigi Aesthetics it offers you various types of treatments. We advise you on which one may be the most convenient for you according to your case and skin type.
Our Skin Resurfacing service, with the different options and alternatives that we have and that are at your disposal, always with the Professional and Qualified Advice in our Medical Spa.
For more information! 📱 Call 984-989-8225 or 📧 Write us by WhatsApp